Paleo Country Fried Steaks
4 cube steaks (We just did two.)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 cup beef broth
1/2 onion, sliced
4 tbs olive oil
- Season steaks with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Dredge in coconut flour on both sides. Shake off extra flour and let steak rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat up olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When pan is smoking hot, add steaks and sear for 5 minutes per side to brown and make a nice crust. Remove steak from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onions. Cook until softened.
- Stir in any leftover coconut flour from dredging steaks. Add in broth and whisk.
- Put steaks back in pan and cook for 10 more minutes until sauce thickens.
For the sides, I simply roasted up some zucchini and carrots. I got the recipe for the Country Fried Steaks from PaleoMama.
The flavor in this steak was GREAT! I will tell you that I do not like the texture of stuff made with coconut flour. It has a dry powderish texture that I cannot get over. It doesn’t bother Brett, but I will start subbing almond meal in future recipes. I think it’s okay to use it in baked treats, but it hasn’t been great in other recipes….just a personal opinion!